Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)
"You are here: Error" ... - Printable Version

+- Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated) (https://forum.opendocman.com)
+-- Forum: OpenDocMan Community Discussion (https://forum.opendocman.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: OpenDocMan Support - Community Based (https://forum.opendocman.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: "You are here: Error" ... (/thread-680.html)

"You are here: Error" ... - Gary - 03-08-2014

hi ...

I just went thru what I thought was a sucessful install of the latest version of ODM.

I log in and I get this error at the top of the page:

YOU ARE HERE: ERROR

every link I click takes me to another login screen, then the same thing repeats itself.

is there a cure for this?

thanks for any input...

Gary

Re: "You are here: Error" ... - Stephen - 03-09-2014

Check your PHP error logs.

Re: "You are here: Error" ... - Gary - 03-10-2014

seemed to have fixed it. It did'nt like a HYPHEN in the database name.

*hmm*

Re: "You are here: Error" ... - aoswald - 03-16-2014

I am getting the same error. I don't have a hyphen in my database name

Re: "You are here: Error" ... - Muplor - 03-31-2014

Morning all,

This bug is quite bad actually, as it can lock out ALL users if it occurs. I've noticed it happening when a new user has been made and then they try to login without a password, that then seems to blow out every password.

I did not have any hyphens in the database name.

SOLUTION:

I have found that if you add/modify users directly in the Database using MySQL or similar and bypass the user addition PHP code in DocMan it causes no issues.

Hope this helps someone.

Re: "You are here: Error" ... - Stephen - 03-31-2014

Unable to duplicate this on our demo system. Can you provide the steps to reproduce?

Thanks
Muplor Wrote:Morning all,

This bug is quite bad actually, as it can lock out ALL users if it occurs. I've noticed it happening when a new user has been made and then they try to login without a password, that then seems to blow out every password.

SOLUTION:

I have found that if you add/modify users directly in the Database using MySQL or similar and bypass the user addition PHP code in DocMan it causes no issues.

Hope this helps someone.

RE: "You are here: Error" ... - benjamin - 09-13-2014

(03-31-2014, 01:42 AM)Muplor Wrote: Morning all,

SOLUTION:

Hope this helps someone.

Thank you, this method definitely works. I had a clean install and came up with the same problem. Its looks like on installation a password is inserted that is unknown and will not let you login till changed. Very easy to fix using phpmyadmin.

Regards