Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)
No Files Found When Trying To Delete - Printable Version

+- Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated) (https://forum.opendocman.com)
+-- Forum: OpenDocMan Community Discussion (https://forum.opendocman.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: OpenDocMan Support - Community Based (https://forum.opendocman.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: No Files Found When Trying To Delete (/thread-428.html)

No Files Found When Trying To Delete - sidewinder - 06-23-2011

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to all this and have been asked to clean up some dodgy work at the company I work for in a different capacity as the IT guy they hired was no good.

He installed OpenDocMan and after trawling through his messy implementation with the pre-existing site I have managed to get it to a working state (upload and view files, etc.) but whenever I head to the Admin Delete/Undelete section all I ever get is 'No Files Found.'

As far as I can tell all config files, etc. are correct, and as illustrated the files are in the data directory and viewable online by the appropriate logins. I have the feeling I'm missing something small but crucial.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - Stephen - 06-23-2011

Have there been files deleted? If not, the undelete page will show no files.

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - sidewinder - 06-23-2011

Files have been deleted manually, if that counts.

However, I mainly want to allow the end user to delete files from their admin back-end, and I was just assuming the Admin - Del/Undel category was where they do that?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - Stephen - 06-23-2011

You delete files from the file details page. Then admin's can undelete files that users have deleted.

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - sidewinder - 06-23-2011

This may be another stupid question, my apologies, but as I mentioned I am just cleaning up an install someone else did, and this isn't really my area of expertise...

Where do I find the file details page? As I can't find it anywhere, I am thinking perhaps the other guy didn't install it properly or enable it?

Cheers.

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - Mikeyy - 07-07-2011

I have problems with deleting files:

Warning: fopen(/var/www/docmanx/dokumenti/archiveDir/233.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/docmanx/functions.php on line 632

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/docmanx/functions.php on line 633

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/docmanx/functions.php on line 634

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/docmanx/functions.php:632) in /var/www/docmanx/delete.php on line 82

What's the problem here?
It shows up after file delete.
1.2.6 version

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - Stephen - 07-07-2011

Check the archiveDir ownership. That folder is created by opendocman during file deletion. It moves the files into there. That folder should have permissions and ownership that match the dataDir folder.

steve

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - Mikeyy - 07-07-2011

Thanks, it wasn't 777, that was problem.

Did you try deleting files from Admin > Delete / Undelete files ?
When I delete files from there I cannot delete all files at once, only 1 by 1 and with every delete there is error message.

Sometimes it's blank, it just says error on top of page, nothing else, but it still deletes file, and sometimes I get error function messages.
Didn't copy those messages when I was deleting, now I get only error in status bar but it still deletes file.

Re: No Files Found When Trying To Delete - matt - 11-08-2011

Hi
I get the exact same problem as that mentioned in the above post:

--------------------------
In Admin > Delete / Undelete files
When I delete files from there I cannot delete all files at once, only 1 by 1 and with every delete there is error message. Sometimes it's blank, it just says error on top of page, nothing else, but it still deletes file, and sometimes I get error function messages.
Didn't copy those messages when I was deleting, now I get only error in status bar but it still deletes file.
--------------------------

Did a solution ever get found?

Also in Admin > Delete / Undelete files
When I try to undelete a file the page diverts to "/zona_clientes/out.php&last_message=message_document_has_been_archived" and I get the following message:

-------------------------
"Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/zona_clientes/out.php&last_message=message_document_has_been_archived) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

* /zona_clientes/out.php (common basename)

Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link. "
-----------------------------

Is this related to the first error?

Delete / Undelete is the only part of opendocman where I am experiencing problems.

Please help.