Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Viewing files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to OpenDocMan and after an easy intall I started to set it up for what I needed it to do without major problems. 
One thing that seems strange is when I try to view a file (they are PDFs) and I click on the proper link, it brings we to the screen with two links, one to see it in another tab/window and one to download the file. In both cases it always downloads them, which is annoying when you just want to view it.
I tryied different browsers and the behaviour is always the same. Is there some configuration to change or is this a bug?

I really appreciate any help or suggestion here.
Thanks!
this was recently changed because security audit firms did not like it when we take a file and display it in the browser (even though its not really our security issue). They would fail our software because of it. So, all views got through as a download now. You should be able to re-configure your browser to "Always Open" that particular filetype instead of saving it.
(10-18-2015, 02:25 PM)adminla Wrote: [ -> ]this was recently changed because security audit firms did not like it when we take a file and display it in the browser (even though its not really our security issue). They would fail our software because of it. So, all views got through as a download now. You should be able to re-configure your browser to "Always Open" that particular filetype instead of saving it.

Thanks for explaining... and how about making this configurable for those of us that don't have a security audit firm that complains about this? Making it a client configuration is a hassle.
Just a thought...

Thanks