Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Receiving "This file cannot be uploaded properly" message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

This is my first attempt to use OpenDocMan. I love the concept and am excited about using the product. Here is the problem...

Setup: Windows Server running IIS 7, php 5 mysql 5+
Data dir is located in c:\inetpub and has (to my knowledge) the appropriate rights assignment.

Installation went flawlessly and I have been able to do everything except upload any files. Any attempt to upload returns the following flashing message- "This file cannot be uploaded properly"
I cannot find anything in php logs, IIS logs or any other reason for this behavior.

As a test, I replicated my install steps on a LAMP, and everything was successful. This was a needed data point for me to show the product works. However, the ultimate installation point for the product is the IIS environment.

I am looking for any and all suggestions.

Thanks
That error is coming from the php function "is_uploaded_file" which checks to verify the file was uploaded via a POST method. Sounds like an issue with your server config, or permissions on the folder you server uploads temp files to.
Hi gsawtelle & Stephen,

Did you have any joy in resolving this problem? I am having the same issue on Windows Server / IIS 7 / PHP / MYSQL.

The strange thing is that I had been using version 1.2.7 without issue, now that I have upgraded to version 1.2.9 I receive this error for no apparent reason. I have even created a new database and completed a fresh install of version 1.2.9 and still no joy. There are no errors being produced in the php error log and my directories have the correct write permissions.

I have a WAMP setup in my local enviroment and both version 1.2.7 and 1.2.9 work there without issue.

Thanks
Michael
Stephen, did you have any chance to resolve this for the IIS environment?
I am having the same issue and it seems to be related to the php_fileinfo.dll
I am considering creating a "Filetype Management" option in the site settings that will show "Off", "Filename Extension-Only", and "Mimetype Detection". That way if the system isn't behaving (as many systems do not), it could be turned down, or off.
For me it was a folder protection problem.

In my php.ini file i found the following setting:
upload_tmp_dir=C:\Windows\temp

Once I changed the protections on that specific folder to allow write access to appropriate users I could now add documents again.

Hope this helps someone.

imhemstead Big Grin
I am receiving the same message. 

My system:

Windows XP
WAMP 1.7.3
PHP 5.2.4
MySQL 5.0.45

Served on a localhost.

I have checked the permissions on all of the folders involved and am still having no luck. 

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
(07-11-2014, 02:20 PM)gsawtelle Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

This is my first attempt to use OpenDocMan.  I love the concept and am excited about using the product.  Here is the problem...

Setup:  Windows Server running IIS 7, php 5 mysql 5+
 Data dir is located in c:\inetpub and has (to my knowledge) the appropriate rights assignment.

Installation went flawlessly and I have been able to do everything except upload any files.  Any attempt to upload returns the following flashing message- "This file cannot be uploaded properly"
I cannot find anything in php logs, IIS logs or any other reason for this behavior.  

As a test, I replicated my install steps on a LAMP, and everything was successful.  This was a needed data point for me to show the product works.  However, the ultimate installation point for the product is the IIS environment.

I am looking for any and all suggestions.

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem. As far as I know the approeriate users have Write permissions. Have you been able to solve this problem?

Any wuggestions would be apreaciated.

Thanks!