Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Unable to log in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My install of ODM was working fine and now it doesn't. When a user tries to login, they get an error message of "There was an error logging you in." This only happens with users who have a password. As a test, I removed the password for the admin account and that is able to login. When I change that account to have a password, it can no longer log in and it gets the above error message.

I stumbled upon a post somewhere that said a /tmp directory is needed for php scripts to work properly to save the session (I'm no PHP guru, so I barely know what that means) and that if there is no /tmp folder, that you might not be able to login.

I spoke with another person in my organization and they confirmed that they did some file cleanup and I'm wondering if they maybe did not delete this /tmp folder.

If this is the cause of my login issue, does anyone know where the /tmp folder has to be? I created a /tmp folder in several places and none seem to do the trick.

If the problem isn't the /tmp folder, does anyone have any suggestions on why ODM worked 100% fine and now it does not? Any common places I should look to find the cause of the problem?

Thanks for any help you can lend,
Michelle
Questions:

1) What version of OpenDocMan are you using
2) What operating system is it running on?
3) Did mysql version change?
4) Did PHP session settings get changed?
Hi,
1) version 1.2.5.7
2) Here's what my provider's stats say: "All user servers run FreeBSD (Unix) and Apache (Web server)"
3) No
4) I don't know. I had not created a php.ini for the original install so I can't imagine that anything was changed.

Thanks for your help,
Michelle
ok, you might want to check your apache error logs after a login attempt to see if there is anything there.

Also, the page that is causing the error is index.php around starting with: "// if row exists - login/pass is correct"

That block of code executes a mysql query to match the username/password entered to the username/password in the database. The password is encrypted in the database. It is possible that your database somehow switched encryption methods. This usually is an issue going from mysql4 to mysql5.

If you know php you could try echoing out some of the values during the login procedure to try and narrow it down.