Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ddunbahe

I can't get OpenDocMan to send email. I'm sure it's a problem with my setup, but I can't figure it out. Where did you edit the mail functions? Any way to get it to just use an SMTP server on the LAN? Everytime I create a new account or use SMTP i get the following error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in C:\xampp\htdocs\opendocman\commitchange.php on line 119

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\opendocman\commitchange.php:119) in C:\xampp\htdocs\opendocman\commitchange.php on line 121

I checked the commitchange.php for SMTP configuration but it is not there. Please help.
jonathanwminer

2008-12-19 06:17:04 PST
By default... ODM relies on the local machine to be configured as a mail server. There was a patch posted recently that allows access to a remote mailserver.
ddunbahe

2008-12-19 08:05:22 PST
I got it.

Go to php.ini. Do a search and you will find it.

Next you need to uncomment and change these two settings in php.ini

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.myserver.com

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

After I did that I was able to send email.