Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Treeview not working in Google Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just installed OpenDocMan. This went fine, I can upload doc's and view them again. However, the treeview in Google Chrome is 'frozen'. It opens with all categories expanded and I cannot toggle it to close a category. In IE8 it works as intended (it opens with a closed tree, hitting the plus signs opens a selected category.
Any idea? Could this be a security setting (Java) in Google Chrome?

Thanks, Theo
That tree view code is pretty old. 1.2.6 will have a lot of UI improvements, including a new treeview.
Thanks for the prompt response! What is the schedule for 1.2.6 (and for 2.0)?
Theo
Well, I have a lot of features I want to try to squeeze into 1.2.6, but I may end up releasing it as a beta so that I can keep adding features as I go. I just need to solidify the current feature I am working on (it is a configuration admin page). Maybe in a couple of weeks. You can view the source code at our SVN repository if you want to fix the depricated issues you are having in the meen time.

2.0 is still in planning phase.
Has the status of this issue changed? I'm experiencing this same problem in both Chrome and Safari. Is there any known fix?
As Stephen says, the tree view is pretty old. The problem arises from the routine used to detect the browser, which doesn't detect Chrome or Opera properly. There's a simple fix. Find the initializeDocument function in the file ftiens4.js which you'll find in the class.tree folder. add case 'nn5': immediately above case 'gecko':. Don't add a break; or any other code. This allows the code to detect an appropriate set of options for Chrome, and it works properly thereafter.

This is the function with the patch installed:

Code:
function initializeDocument()
{
  switch(navigator.family)
  {
    case 'opera':
    case 'ie4':
      browserVersion = 1 //IE4  
      break;
    case 'nn4':
      browserVersion = 2 //NS4