Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Another basic newbie install question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Forstly, apologies for my lack of knowledge about MySQL, PHP and the like. I'm trying to learn as I go but have tripped up at the first hurdle. I am interested in using this software at work,it seems just what I need but am trying to install it at home on a VM and am running into problems.

The WM is running XP SP3. I have installed PHP, Apache webserver and MySQL 5.1.49, and copied opendocman into the webserver successfully (I think)

Here's what is happening when I try to install opendocman with the root user.

Checking that templates_c folder is writeable... OK
installing...
Database Created
Database Selected

Could insert new version into db user

I have searched the forum and found that Stephen suggests creating a new user in the MySQL database. The problem is that when I try to create a new user in MySQL I get the error "ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'test.user doesn't exist"

Now when I check the tables in the database I see that this table doesn't exist; before running the opendocman install it was there, but it appears to have been removed, and replaced by the opendocman tables (all starting odm_*). When I try to create a new MySQL Database this has no tables in it at all.

I'm sure this is dead simple, but unfortunately so am I, so I would appreciate some pointers!

Thanks

*edit* Since I posted this I have kind of resolved it by installing MySQL v4.1.22 rather than 5.1.49 and this works, I would like to be running the latest MySQL though so appreciate feedback.

Thanks