Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Delete Department?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a reason why there's no "Delete Department" function?
There was 10 years ago, but I really don't know what that reason was. It is a feature being added to a future version.

I think the trouble comes when you have a department that has all sorts of users, permissions, and files assigned to it. When delete that department, what happens to all of those? I guess you could ask the admin which department to move everything to? Does that sound about right?
In my case I had just created a "test" department, added people/files, tried a few things to see how they worked, and then wanted to delete the "test" department.

In the case of a more "mature" department, I suppose the choices could be:
- getting rid of the department and resetting everything associated with it to some default value,
- disallowing the delete until the admin had moved all the sub-objects out and the department was "empty"

Owen
Ok, I am going to add this to the current feature request we have for "change department of a file". Both features go together.

Thanks
Yes. This would be a great functional enhancement as I attempted to to the same thing as the original poster.

Thanks
-DB
Delete Department feature has been added to the latest 1.2.6 beta version.