Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: toBePublished.php problem (revised 5/7/2010)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm testing a new installation (ver 1.2.5.7). I'm able to upload and view documents. When I tried to review/reject, the script gets stuck processing "toBePublished.php" and then the web server stops. Upon restarting the server and logging back in, I see the notification that the document has been rejected and am able to delete the document. Can you offer some guidance on troubleshooting? I installed OpenDocMan on a WinXP-SP3 VM running on a hyper-V server. Web server is IIS, PHP version is 5.3.2, mySQL 5.1.

Additional info added 5/7/2010:

During troubleshooting I noticed that "toBePublished.php" was loading with errors - here's are the error details:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDR; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Fri, 7 May 2010 19:23:19 UTC

Line: 144
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://10.54.33.62/docmgr/toBePublished.php?state=1&">http://10.54.33.62/docmgr/toBePublished.php?state=1&</a><!-- m -->
Also noted that if upon restarting IIS logging back in, I attempt to "Re-submit for review", I get the following page error:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDR; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Fri, 7 May 2010 20:54:15 UTC

Line: 65
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://10.54.33.62/docmgr/rejects.php?aku=c3RhdGU9MQ==">http://10.54.33.62/docmgr/rejects.php?aku=c3RhdGU9MQ==</a><!-- m -->
Looks like something to do with the email popup you get when you reject or approve a file? Do you see the popup?
Yes - if you choose to "Reject" the mailer popup comes up fine. If you close the pop-up or click on "Cancel" you're returned to the main window and things continue to work as expected. However, once you click on the "Reject" button in the pop-up, things get "stuck", and the IIS service stops. Upon restarting the service, you're able to get back in and delete the file, but if you try to "Reject" agan, the same error condition happens.
I just tested and verified that the same problem occurs when you authorize. The mailer pop-up comes up and upon sending the authorization notice the IIS stops working.

Additional note. In doing this a number of times, I'm noticing that IIS doesn't stop immediately - there's some amount of time delay before it locks up. You're able to exercise opendocman's other functions for a few seconds before things stop working. I'm also not getting any emails so maybe something is happening just prior to the email being sent, or there's a problem with the email connection and opendocman is not recovering from that situation gracefully. I'm going to try and troubleshoot the mail connection and see if the behavior changes.
im pretty sure that it is your email system on the server that is causing this issue. ODM uses the php mail() function, so check your php.ini and make sure mail is working.
I changed the "SMTP" setting in "php.ini" from "localhost" to the IP address of our mail server and now I'm receiving mail, but it's pretty strange - I'm getting about 25-30 mails when I reject a document. And, IIS is still stopping, requiring stopping and starting IIS to regain functionality.
try creating a new user for yourself and see how the email works for that.
Well, I took the easy way out - reinstalled the whole thing. Seems to work as advertised now. The only exception I ran into was the mySql "null" value error noted in several entries on this board, which I corrected by issuing the ''SET sql_mode = '';" directive from the mySql command shell. I chose to go with Apache on this install rather than IIS, since the install doc lists Apache as a "requirement" and IIS as "partially tested". Thanks much for the quick turnaround on support. Looking forward to using this as a simple document/configuration management tool for our department. I shouldn't get any complaints about it being too complex or cumbersome. Regards, Owen.