Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: problem setting up opendoc's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I just successfully installed PHP and Mysql formy winxp pro pc runniing IIS.

I go to the /install to setup the database. And I get this error.

Checking that templates_c folder is writeable... OK
installing...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\opendocman-1.2.5\install\index.php on line 154

I also tried setting up the database in the mysql command line and it says it already exists.

SO i thought the error was because the database already exists.
So i went to the \opendocman-1.2.5 root dir and then i get this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\opendocman-1.2.5\config.php on line 157

Does anyone have any ideas? Ive spent way to much time trying to set this up, and i have uninstalled and reinstalled IIS, PHP, mysql and opendocman several times and i havent had any success.

gatesoft
Looks like your version of PHP was not compiled with MySQL support. You can test this theory, by creating a small PHP script to call the phpinfo() function. Then load the page you just created via your browser.

The script just needs to be a single line:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Load your browser, the scroll down through the output looking for the MySQL section. If it's not there... then you don't have PHP and MySQL properly configured.

jonathanwminer
I just checked it, and i saw no section headed mysql.
So i guess you are correct.

Do you have any resources for configuring php for mysql?

Thanks

gatesoft
I would check the site where you got PHP, and see if they have a MySQL-enable version. If that fails... "Google it" Smile

Maybe one of the Windows guys can speak up with their configuration?

- Jon