Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Documents do not show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just installed OpenDocMan, that went all pretty ok.

I just started using it, (well trying it anyway) and when I try to upload a document it does not show afterward, although I get the message that the
document was successfully uploaded, and when I look in the repository directory I see that the .dat files are in there.

I am probably doing something very obvious wrong, my apologies for that, but maybe someone could point me in the right directions ?

Thanks,

Paddy
Do you have file authorization turned on? If so, they need to be "approved" by a "reviewer" before they will show up on the main page.
I have the same problem, when I'm clicking on the view Button the system dysplay a message "file does not exist", I'm sure that's not a autorizhation problem.
Please someone give me a solution
thanks
I believe that is sort of a bug, because your are trying to view a document that you do not have permissions to view. It should not be displaying the "view" icon for that file I bet.
I find a similar bug when we upload a file. The file is upload but opendocman don't show it or don't show the previous versions of a document uploaded.

I find a solution here:

The error is on check-in.php, line 222:

It says:

$query = "UPDATE {$GLOBALS['CONFIG']['db_prefix']}log set revision={[($lrevision_num) - 1]} WHERE id = {$_POST['id']} and revision = 'current'";

but revision is a string field on database not an integer field. With this sentence, the database save on revision field the value {1-1} for the first upload instead of 0.

So I change the line for this one:

$query = "UPDATE {$GLOBALS['CONFIG']['db_prefix']}log set revision='".intval(intval($lrevision_num) - 1)."' WHERE id = {$_POST['id']} and revision = 'current'";

Now, on database, opendocman save revision = 1.

This fix the upload error and the history versions of a file.

I hope this help.
I have tryed to change the line, but the problem is not resolved.
when I click to the View Button, the system reply me "file does not exist"...
PLease help me Big Grin :roll:
Dona: check the settings of the document. If you click on the document name on the home page does it have the edit/view buttons on the detail page?
You are trying to view a document that does not have a permission to be viewed by the user. Usually, this problems are related to the setting of the system. As what the admin said there are buttons you have to click in order for you to use the feature fully. But it must not be restricted by the owner. Just try to undo installation and start all over again.
I don't know whether this is related or not, but I saw an interesting symptom when I installed a fresh copy of 1.2.5.7

I Add a document, select it, and upload it.

However, when I then try to view it, I get a "file does not exist" error.

I try to check it out, and I get the same thing. However, it gets checked out.

I then do a check in, upload the file, and the problem goes away.

I expect this may be a version number problem, where the initial version has an invalid or incorrect number.

Scott
Can you duplicate the issue on the demo server?
Pages: 1 2