Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Seeing other users in other departments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
opplevelse
2007-07-28 05:51:09 PDT
Is there any way I can ensure that a user can only see other users in their own department?

jonathanwminer
2007-07-30 06:36:48 PDT
Hi -

Can you clarify? Do you want users to only see documents authored by users in their same department? Or are you referring which users get displayed in the various "pull-down" menus?

opplevelse
2007-07-30 12:18:42 PDT
I'm referring to particular users being displayed ... imagine you have a company with 100 employees in 10 different departments each with 10 people each ... there is no need for every single person to see the full 100 people in the company, they just care about sharing files within their own department. Perhaps a few admins will want to see everyone, but certainly not most users. I can not see a way to stop this.

jonathanwminer
2007-08-06 19:23:37 PDT
You need to edit functions.php. Look for the term "FOR AUTHOR". The first three lines are new, the fourth line is modified. This modified the drop-down list for the "Browse by Author" menu. Let me know if this works for you.

$query = "SELECT department FROM user WHERE id = ".$_SESSION['uid'];
$result = mysql_query($query);
list($dept_id) = mysql_fetch_row($result);

$query = "SELECT last_name, first_name, id FROM user WHERE department = ".$dept_id." ORDER BY last_name ASC";

jonathanwminer
2007-08-09 07:47:47 PDT
See patch number 1770849