Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: Mail Notifications with SMTP Authentication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dalfonso
2007-05-14 04:52:24 PDT
Hi,
I found the way to configure the mail properties in php.ini.

Now the point is that the mailer requires authentication. I verified tha the mails are sent from ODM using a Virtual Machine with an IIS SMTP, and the log shows the talk beetwen the ODM server and the contiguous VM, which ends with an access denied to corporate mailer.

So I will ask the mail user for this to mail infrastructure people, but I will be able to set user and password.

Someone already configured that?

Thanks
Best Regards
Fabio D'Alfonso

logart
2007-05-14 09:38:38 PDT
ODM simply uses the PHP mail() function. Once it gets past that it is up to your server to handle the mail message.

dalfonso
2007-05-14 10:54:40 PDT
I made a search today about this.
Actually mail() doesn't support SMTP Authentication, and the most of mailers now require that. I found some robust alternative on the web but I have not for the moment the skills to make the changes from myself.

I would ask if this feature could be added to ODM. I would be very happy to give the help I could.

The place in which I am starting the ODM is a wide public insurance in Italy with about 15,000 mail users. So is not reasonable to expect that an anonymous rely could be authorized.

I am at disposal to help to do this if someone leads this.

Best Regards
Fabio D'Alfonso

logart
2007-05-14 11:29:49 PDT
You can add that as a feature request. Maybe a PEAR smtp library could be used in the future, or some other mail lib.