Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: AOL Browser compatability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
c_steam
2006-12-21 12:39:04 PST
One of my users is having loads of problems, the others are not - the issue is that he is using AOL. First, he can't view pdf's (but can on other sites) second he gets an error saying the page does not exist if he clicks on the 'home' link.

He is not terribly computer literate and got a little uptight when I suggested he change to a decent browser. beyond this I have no ideas.

Any clues?

logart
2006-12-21 13:51:03 PST
AFAIK Aol is IE no?

I could not really help with AOL browser compatability.

jonathanwminer
2007-01-18 09:20:53 PST
I've never used AOL, but here are a couple of things to check into:

The PDF issue sounds like a problem with mimetypes. I would check by putting a PDF somewhere on your webserver outside of OpenDocMan. If he can't view it, then we know that the problem lies between the webserver and the browser. Check your webserver and make sure that it is correctly identifing the file as an "application/pdf".

I have no idea why he would have a problem with the "Home" link. It should just be a fully-qualified link to "out.php". It would be interesting to know ends up in his location bar when he gets the "page does not exist" message. You might try editing functions.php (line 915) to look like this:

echo '<a class="statusbar" href="out.php" style="text-decoration:none">Home</a>\n</td>';

This changes the link to a relative refernce to "out.php", and the browser should figure out the rest. It also cleans up the HTML a little bit, and if done throughout OpenDocMan, might improve performace by reducing the number of references to $GLOBAS['config'] stuff.