Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)

Full Version: I'm Stuck and Need Help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
webshaker123
2006-10-18 17:13:19 PDT
I installed opendocman a few times now, but can't seem to get logged in using admin. I keep getting the error message that says: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure it exists and is writeable. I did check to make sure it was writable a chgmod 777.

A couple of things happened, after the install I got an error message that said database created, can't GRANT. So i double checked the database and granted the dbuser all rights, I still can't login.

Can anyone offer help?

webshaker123
2006-10-18 17:15:53 PDT
I forgot to mention, when I checked the database I didn't have any tables. Does anyone know what the structure is suppose to be ( fields )?

logart
2006-10-18 17:20:10 PDT
First off, you should probably do a manual installation. The procedure is in the docs.

Also, check your config file for typos. If you are using Windows server make sure your dataDir path looks like "C:\mydatadir" or something. If UNIX, it should look like "/var/www/datadir".

steve

webshaker123
2006-10-18 18:19:34 PDT
Thanks, i'll try the manual install. Does the database name have to be opendocman?

logart
2006-10-19 07:19:00 PDT
No, it can be anything, but the table names in this version are not changeable.

webshaker123
2006-10-19 08:58:38 PDT
I tried the manual install but with the same results. When I created the database i didn't know what tables should be or what they should be named, so I didn't create any. My web host offers a database creator. I do have MyPHPAdmin, but I don't have the rights to create a database there, however, I can create tables if I know what they are.

Let me recap what I did, maybe I missed something:

1)I copied the opendocman folder to my web.

2) I edited the config.php file to reflect Mysql database logon, password, database name, and host name.

3) I created a data folder. call data.

4) I included in the config.php the path of that foler, which looks like this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.capohio.org/data">http://www.capohio.org/data</a><!-- m -->.
(You mentioned checking for typo's, "/var/www/datadir". what does var stand for, and will the path that I above work?)

5) I made sure the data folder was set to chgmod 777

What tables should be in the database?

Thanking you in advance for all of your help.

logart
2006-10-19 09:27:35 PDT
The datadir setting needs to be your actual filesystem path to your web folder, not your URL address. The value you entered will not work.

As for the DB, there is a step in the documentation for importing an SQL file into your database. You can also just create the databse and perform each of the SQL commands in the database sql script on your new database.

steve

webshaker123
2006-10-19 09:42:01 PDT
Steve,
I'm not sure what you are saying, when you say 'The datadir setting needs to be my actual filesystem path to your web folder'.

Something like this: /home/data/ ??

logart
2006-10-19 09:49:20 PDT
Right. It needs to point to the folder you are going to store your documents in (which should NOT be in the actual opendocman installation folder). If you set it to a web-accessible folder then anyone can browse the files without going through login.

webshaker123
2006-10-19 10:02:18 PDT
Cool, thanks. I plan to make that change when I get home this evening. You also mentioned that there is a step in the documentation for importing an SQL file into your database. I think that I must be using some old documentation. Can you point me to the latest version?

Thanks again

Emanuel