Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Office 2013 xlsx and docx issue
#1
I installed App Version: 1.3.5 Database Version: 1.2.8.
Downloading of xlsx and docx files is causing trouble. Excel fails totally, word can recover.
The download via OpenDocMan does not give the same result as downloading the file directly from the file system?
See attachment.
What to do?


Attached Files
.docx   Unreadable office documents.docx (Size: 207.17 KB / Downloads: 3)
#2
(12-22-2016, 04:31 PM)JoopK Wrote: I installed App Version: 1.3.5 Database Version: 1.2.8.
Downloading of xlsx and docx files is causing trouble. Excel fails totally, word can recover.
The download via OpenDocMan does not give the same result as downloading the file directly from the file system?
See attachment.
What to do?

I did a hex compare of the 1.dat file in the data directory (when renamed to 1.xlsx it opens perfectly) and the downloaded file via http://files.groenlinksdelft.nl/view_fil...etml.sheet with VBinDiff and the PHP script causes an extra initial 20 (Hex) in the xlsx file:
1.dat
0000 0000: 20 50 4B 03 04 14 00 06  00 08 00 00 00 21 00 41   PK..... .....!.A
0000 0010: 37 82 CF 6E 01 00 00 04  05 00 00 13 00 08 02 5B  7é╧n.... .......[
0000 0020: 43 6F 6E 74 65 6E 74 5F  54 79 70 65 73 5D 2E 78  Content_ Types].x
0000 0030: 6D 6C 20 A2 04 02 28 A0  00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00  ml ó..(á ........
0000 0040: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0080: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0090: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 00A0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 00B0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
1.xlsx
0000 0000: 20 20 50 4B 03 04 14 00  06 00 08 00 00 00 21 00    PK.... ......!.
0000 0010: 41 37 82 CF 6E 01 00 00  04 05 00 00 13 00 08 02  A7é╧n... ........
0000 0020: 5B 43 6F 6E 74 65 6E 74  5F 54 79 70 65 73 5D 2E  [Content _Types].
0000 0030: 78 6D 6C 20 A2 04 02 28  A0 00 02 00 00 00 00 00  xml ó..( á.......
0000 0040: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0080: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 0090: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 00A0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
0000 00B0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ........ ........
#3
I have this same problem Sad
#4
If you set the webinterface to Dutch language, this issue will happen.

Putting it back to english fixed it for me.
#5
(12-22-2016, 04:31 PM)JoopK Wrote: I installed App Version: 1.3.5 Database Version: 1.2.8.
Downloading of xlsx and docx files is causing trouble. Excel fails totally, word can recover.
The download via OpenDocMan does not give the same result as downloading the file directly from the file system?
See attachment.
What to do?

Hi JoopK,

It seems you hit the same problem as I did, which is caused by the Dutch language setting. The "shift" you are talking about in your document, is a single whitespace that is added before the document contents. I traced it back as follows:
  • You call view_file.php on the URL
  • That calls odm-load.php
  • Which calls odm-init.php
  • On to functions.php
  • And finally (because of NL language setting) calls ./includes/language/dutch.php
  • And that file (dutch.php) has 1 whitespace before the PHP tag. (and that is displayed before the document contents)
Nothing wrong with the documents and the way they are stored, it's purely the download code that adds the extra whitespace when retrieving the file contents. Removing that whitespace in the PHP file (dutch.php) eliminates the problem and you can download/view your documents again.
Hope this works for you as well. 

Kind Regards,

Erik


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)