Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated)
There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure it - Printable Version

+- Community Support for OpenDocMan (Deprecated) (https://forum.opendocman.com)
+-- Forum: OpenDocMan Community Discussion (https://forum.opendocman.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: OpenDocMan Support - Community Based (https://forum.opendocman.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure it (/thread-326.html)

There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure it - bal - 10-14-2010

Hello,

I am new to OpenDocMan and I have setup the program on the windows 2008 server and I was able to create the database and now when I run it and login page is displayed. When I enter user name and password, I get the following error:

Quote:There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure it exists and is writeable

I have looked at some of the other posts about this error and I have tried the solutions, but it did not fix my problem.

Here are my settings in the config_local.php file:

//$GLOBALS['database'] = 'opendocman'; // Enter the name of the database here
$GLOBALS['user'] = 'root'; // Enter the username for the database
$GLOBALS['pass'] = 'mypassword'; // Enter the password for the username
$GLOBALS['hostname'] = '127.0.0.1'; // Enter the hostname that is serving the database

$GLOBALS['CONFIG']['base_url'] = 'http://localhost/opendocman';
$GLOBALS['CONFIG']['dataDir'] = 'E:/document_repository';

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bal

Re: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure - Stephen - 10-14-2010

Try adding and ending slash:

$GLOBALS['CONFIG']['dataDir'] = 'E:/document_repository/';

Re: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure - bal - 10-15-2010

Hello Stephen,

I tried adding ending slash, but it did not make any difference. I still get this same error. I also tried changing the slashes to \ and with and without ending slash; with ending \ slash, I also get "HTTP ERROR 500.0 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR".

Also, I get error when I try to sign-up new users. Error is "Error in query: INSERT INTO odm_admin (id, admin) VALUES('8', ''). Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'admin' at row 1".

I am using the latest version available on the website (OpenDocMan v1.2.5.7). MySQL version I am using is 5.1.50.

Please help.

Thanks.

Bal

Re: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure - Stephen - 10-15-2010

Typically, the dataDir issue is from a permissions issue where the web server does not have Write permissions to the dataDir folder. Either that or it does not actually exists.

As for the adding users error, this is the first time I have seen that. Is this happening when a user registers, or when you use the admin Add User tool?

Re: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure - bal - 10-18-2010

Hello Stephen,

Directory does exists and I had given the full permissions to everyone for testing. User Error is happening when I try to register user from the user registration (not through the admin as I am not able to pass beyong the login screen).

I will try to re-install the product again may be on a different server (Windows 2003 R2).

I will let you know the progress.

Thanks for your help.

Bal

Re: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure - Stephen - 10-19-2010

bal, another thing you can do is create a test php file in the main opendocman folder that will check for is_dir and is_writable on that folder just to see what comes back. Something like:
Code:
<?php
include('config.php');

if(is_dir($dataDir))
{
echo 'It is a directory';
}
else
{
echo 'it is not a dir';
}

if(is_writable($dataDir))
{
echo 'it is writable';
}
else
{
echo 'it is not writable';
}
?>

That will at least tell you if one of those conditions is not true.

Re: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure - achu - 05-17-2011

I face the same problem but i'm on ubuntu here is my setting
Code:
/** Absolute path to the OpenDocMan directory. */
if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
    define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/home/user/document_repository');
}

when i setting like this save it the browser goes white screen.

what is the problem?

Regards,

Re: There is a problem with your dataDir. Check to make sure - Stephen - 05-17-2011

@achu; You should not be editing that value. You should leave it the way it was.